Media Controls

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I admit it, I hate LL viewer.  Its clunky, slow, and in the top of any programs I have ever used that totally user unfriendly.  No wonder LL has a hard time retaining residents.  Unfortunately, I have to use it for certain things in SL.  Now the question.  Is there anyway to have seperate media controls, one for streaming music, and one for video, on your toolbars instead of having to go into preferences to disable one or the other?  If not, that is the STUPIDEST thing I have seen.  So need help here.  And be my guest to trash LL's viewer while you answer my question.

Not at all.  Since the source is different, both can be streamed at the same time.  Viewers based on V1 have seperate toolbar icons for on/off control.  Phoenix and Firestorm both have it.  Seems LL in all their stupidity dropped it unless i am missing something.  If I am not mistaken, only V3 can view Video on a Prim.

Hover over the pause-play button in the upper right corner and a menu will come up. Click on the button that says "more" and you'll get individual controls for music and media. And I'm almost certain you ARE mistaken about media on a prim. Since FIrestorm is basically the same as Viewer 2/3 under the hood it should offer it.

• 3 months later...

Correction any Viewer that uses Linden Lab V2/V3 Code can view media on a prim, this does include the Firestorm 4.1.1 Viewer but it does not and I repeat DOES NOT INCLUDE V1 Phoenix not even the most releasnt release of V1 Phoenix that is above 1.6.0.1600. But all direct V2/V3 viewers that are built as TPV viewers can view media on a prim. To which Firestorm 4.1.1 is a perfectly compatable alternitive to the LL viewer. I am unsure of what all viewers are using Linden Lab's V2/V3 codes. but the Marine Viewer should be compatable as well, as a few others. You can simply look at the list of legal Third Party Viewers that is listed in Linden Lab down load page near the bottom. But I do know that there is also the use of the Snowstorm Viewer as well which is a open source alternitive to the Linden Lab Viewer which is also a V2/V3 based viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.