Odd Linden Water issue

Sashiku Kas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well i noticed this start happening last week. i entered a body of water and dissapeared completely while under the water. I tried it on a different account, and many different avatars. Another time, i went near my store where there is a river, and there was no water in it at all. everyone else could see the water but me. A relog fixes it temporarily, but eventually it happens again. What on earth is wrong? What can I do to fix it? I checked for updates on my video card, and there are none. SL doesn't seem to lag in medium or high unles in a laggy sim, and i rarely put it on ultra because there isn't much difference between it and high. Any ideas??

(EDIT) It seems the actual cause is caming around near the water surface, or under it to sit on objects under the surface.

This happened to me recently, with Win XP and an nVidia Quadro 3500 video card that had been fine before the last two or three V3 updates. The only solution I found was to upgrade to a newer video card (My new GT520 rocks!), or to turn off Atmospheric shaders, (which makes everything look like crap).

The issue is apparently limited to a small subset of video cards, and few people can reproduce it. But it is a very real bug, introduced to V3 anout 3 releases back.

It seems turning on shaders and reflection fixes the issue. But only if BOTH are on. It isn't my video card because i can run everything fine, even high def 3d games. I guess I just have to put up with a tiny bit of extra lag. Oh well at least it's fixable. they need to fix it. seriously.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.