Hey CommerceTeam Linden - Suggested Optimization

Darrius Gothly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know you folks are neck-deep in trying to optimize the MP, but I've got a suggestion for a tweak that may buy you a fair amount of SQL and CPU time.

When I open the Orders > Transaction history report, I get every transaction from the day the MP opened. Frankly I'd be happy with just the last 30 days or so. The SL Transaction History only keeps 30 days, so it shouldn't be too much of a hardship on people. And I'm pretty sure that not loading those other almost 2 years of transactions would save a lot of overhead and resource time.

Careful what you wish for Darrius.

I agree that I don't need more than 30 days (I actually rarely need it at all because I favour ANS... where's ANS by the way?! :P)

Don't go suggesting that just because SL transaction history is defficient in only providing 30 days that MP can do so too!

Only the last 30 as the first view is fine but with a filter to access older.  Just like there should be for SL transaction history, certainly anything financial.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Only the last 30 as the first view is fine but with a filter to access older.  Just like there should be for SL transaction history, certainly anything financial.

I can go for that. The default then would be to set a 30-day window when the page first loads, then the user can change the dates and pull another report if desired. Now, would their date selections remain set if they leave that report page and then return to it later (and before they close the browser)?

Sassy Romano wrote:

[..] where's ANS by the way?!
:P
) [..].

Beats me. I have some digital grease they can borrow if it'll speed things up any. LOL

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

Um - if you're looking for excessive data display, how about the new Contents tab on every DD listing that shows every item in every folder and their perms, up to 20 folders of 200 objects with 3 permissions fields for each of those....

Yeah, I'd much rather have the Contents listing in a pop-up instead of preloaded with the Product Listing. That way they save the entire formatting and data overhead of the Contents when probably only about 1 out of 10 people will check that tab routinely.

If it's a pop-up window that's formatted and displayed only when requested, the amount of data they can trim out of the Product List page download ... it's pretty massive.

Let's hope that today's update (if that's what it truly is) has already handled that bit of needful optimization.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.