Gifting problems?

Zameko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Am I the only one having problems with the 'Gift' icon in the marketplace? I can't gift any more! Its been like this since...thursday? I last gifted two items to a friend and now when I type their name in, it shows that SL Marketplace is looking for the name and then does nothing after.

3 answers to this question

There has been an unresolved JIRA on failed gifting from Marketplace for about a year now >>> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3864 .  I notice, however, that one of the last people to post in it has included a workaround that seems to solve the problem.  Marketplace apparently looks for the name of a recipient in its own records before making a delivery. If the recipient has never bought anything in Marketplace, however, the name is not in its records, so the delivery fails.  The cure is to have the person you are sending a gift to buy something -- ANYTHING -- first.  I suggest having her buy one of the new free Linden Bears >>> https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Direct-Delivery-Linden-Bear/3290638?utm_source=Marketplace&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=DD_Bear_2012  That will not only probably solve the delivery problem , but it will also add the new Received Items folder to her Inventory -- necessary if she is going to receive Direct Delivery items in the future.

No you're not the only one. I contacted support about it hey have no clue.  I tried Rolig's solution, however, it seems that this problem is different, as even residents who have purchased from marketplace cannot be found.  

Anyway, support said to start a JIRA on it.  So I'm gonna do that. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.