Can I change my premium account from one account to another one?

Klea McMasters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

If I understand your question correctly, no. Your membership is associated with a specific account.  If you have a second account and would rather have it be a premium account instead, you may downgrade the first one to Basic and then upgrade the second one to Premium.  Linden Lab will not refund any amount that you have already paid for your account, so it's probably wise to make the switch when you are near the end of your membership period.

If you have other questions about this, I suggest calling the Linden Lab billing office at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

While technically both Cinn and Rolig are correct.  There is no direct transfer of accounts from one to another.  But I think I understand what you want to do.  I did it myself in 2006.  I called SL billing to ask how to do it without being charged a premium membership fee two times or waste part of a month's fee from having to pay a premium fee for my basic to upgrade and then downgrade the premium to basic.  I was told there is about a 2 hour window where it can be done.  I also owned a mainland parcel and I didn't want to loose it.  What I had to do (according to the SL billing person I spoke to) was to first downgrade my premium an hour or two before midnight SL time and the last day of my premium membership for the quarter (I pay my membership quarterly).  Then at or after midnight on the last day of my membership I upgraded to premium with my alt.  That took care of any overlap of fees and when billing hit my credit card at about 2 am of the day the fee was due everything was transfered to the alt (this account actually).  The hardest part was retaining my land.  For that I had to enlist the help of a very good and trusted friend who was also premium and did not own any land so she had the available 512 square meter tier free allotment.  I sold her the land for $L0 just before I downgraded and had her hold it for a couple hours.  Then when I had upgraded Peggy to premium she sold it back to me for $L0.  We had fun with her putting lots of prim heavy objects on the land and her teasing me about not being able to return them to her.

Anyway, that's how I did it and it worked great.  You just need a very good friend that you can trust to hold your land for you while you wait for the upgrade to happen.  I had her on the phone in real life when I did it and we both stayed on SL while we waited.  She still has owner rights on my group owned land to this day........but she's lost interest in SL so I don't see her much on anymore.  We do visit each other in real life often and talk on the phone and text all the time.  She lives about 8 miles from me in real life.  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.