Group & Land owner MIA

Tabris Daxter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi all,

i'm part of a group that owns some land. said land is currently suffering continuing greifer attacks.

both the owner & only officer (2 different people) have not been online since ~Jan 09.

is there anyway to either petition LL for promotion inside the group so that we can make some active officers or for them to contact the owner to find out if they are still "alive".

Cross posted in "people > General"

we (the group) filled multiple AR's and the greifing objects multiplied further over the course of 3 weeks until the parcel was inaccessable.

reporting the greifers doen't really help the problem.

the greifers use "spam cubes" (10 x 10 x 10) to cover an area, usually with obsene pictures or annoying sounds, particle poofers. and fill the parcel prim limit rendering anything else (poseball furniture, teleporters) from working.

the only way we "fixed" the problem & only temporaraly was to crash the region. NOT AN IDEAL SOLUTION

I know, the AR system has always been a problem mostly do to the shear volume of reports being submitted.

It was explained to me ages ago by Blue Linden that frequency moves it higher in their queue.  What this would tell me is that the more that report the issue, the higher it gets placed.

My suggestion would be to have many in your group report the person or, since your group seems to running without a rudder, find a new place to go and start with a new group owner.  Sort of drastic but if someone set this up, paid for the land and then does not come back for months, how much longer before tier does not get paid and then everything is gone anyways?

AR the land/group owner and officers.

Put in there, that you believe the account is no longer active but still has land.

If the account really is innactive, they will take the land and set it abandoned. But if not, if the person is still paying for it - you're out of luck; their land and unfortunately they can just leave it idle like that.

- BUT sometimes a linden will still remove items from the lot even when the owner is gone... even non griefing items. THis is very rare though. There's got to be something unusual going on.

(I've had a linden clean up half a sim for me once... full of long unused first land lots - but if you'd seen what was there you'd know why. They did leave a lot of still there just made it less... troubled.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.