Is there any recourse when ripped off by outside companies doing business in SL?

rainy6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am relatively new to SL and have been using Gamer ATM's to pick up spare L$ for tip jars and incidentals. Have had several instances of companies like Paymentwall, Stuffpoint, Radium, etc. refusing to pay after a task is successfully completed. I have provided them documentation (via screen shots and copies of emails) that the tasks were completed but they just stonewall and refuse to pay. It is really aggravating and sours the whole SL experience. Is LL policing their activities? Is there anywhere I can report these issues when they occur?

4 answers to this question

There isn't much to be done. The amount is so small the police will not pursue it nor with district attorneys.

You have the choice of taking them to small claims court. I just can't see it being worth the time effort.

The Lab warns people against using services other than the Lab's own system for purchasing Linden$. Its a fact of life and second life too that people get ripped off. Play Station and XBox accounts get hacked and ripped off. There are scams any place money is changing hands.

If you think it is something unique and the Lab's fault so that it is they who sours your experience, I suggest you move on to another game where you will be happier. Once you have more experience and wisdom, come back and try again. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.