Got a problem

Sneijder Highwater

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know the whys, but SL has been like that since I started using it. This happens when one crashes or forcibly quits the application, and as I'd guess, has soemthing to do with Sl's servers taking time to abort your session before leasing you a new one. If you're too impatient to wait the allotted time, try logging in three times in rapid succession. The third should be the charm.

DO NOT try to enter before the exact date and time mentioned in this message. The more you are trying to login by force the more likely it will extend the time you have to wait.

Your account is not accessible until (date/time)

If the error states that you are already logging in (or out), then Second Life is still attempting to log out your avatar. Close Second Life, wait fifteen minutes, then attempt to log in again.

If you see this error message:

Login failed; Your account is not accessible until (date/time) 

— this usually means that your Second Life account has been administratively blocked. Short-term blocks (less than an hour) may be the result of inappropriate behavior inworld. Longer blocks are typically the result of abuse.

You will be unable to use Second Life until the indicated time; if that is more than an hour away, you will receive an email from the abuse team on the matter.  Be sure to check your spam filters.  

Linden Lab is unable to remove administrative blocks for abuse.

See this page: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109#Section_.1.2

this usually means that your Second Life account has been administratively blocked. Short-term blocks (less than an hour) may be the result of inappropriate behavior inworld. Longer blocks are typically the result of abuse.

You will be unable to use Second Life until the indicated time; if that is more than an hour away, you will receive an email from the abuse team on the matter. Be sure to check your spam filters.

Linden Lab is unable to remove administrative blocks for abuse.

So did you check your mailbox?

Then try;

Restart your computer, modem, and router. When restarting, make sure to leave everything powered off for at least ten seconds before restarting. This step can often fix routing issues and other connection-related problems.

Someone sharing the same IP address as yours might have something ARable and you are just getting involved.

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

there's a good chance your ghosted. I used to have this happen to me a l the time. The only thing you can do is contact the sim owner that you were last at and ask them to restart the sim in order to boot your avatar off the server.

I thought the "error message" ghosted avatars keep getting is the "system is logging you out" message," which is different than the message this person is getting.

Ry0ta Exonar wrote:

See this page:

this usually means that your Second Life account has been administratively blocked. Short-term blocks (less than an hour) may be the result of inappropriate behavior inworld. Longer blocks are typically the result of abuse.

You will be unable to use Second Life until the indicated time; if that is more than an hour away, you will receive an email from the abuse team on the matter. Be sure to check your spam filters.?

I've had it happen a few times, never because I was temp banned though, and could always log in before the timer ran out (usually within minutes).

My guess is the thing sometimes pops up in error instead of the usual one you get when you crash and try to log in again before the server notices (maybe after this happens several times in quick succession).

This would be a reason to have an alt - the ghosted problem.Just if you think you are ghosted, log in with the alt and to go wherever your were logged in before. I am guessing you would find your other avatar standing there.

Once in a great while I have the problem of my account being inaccessible for a few minutes if I crash or something.

I think one would pretty much know if they were suspended under ToS for something but to get that takes a lot.

Even at that you would be notified.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.