Charity Hall for my Sim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Something I've wanted to do ever since I purchased my Sim was set up a Charity Hall. The idea is that this Hall would contain several vendors for honorable charity organizations I've noticed through out SL. I'd like to hold a charity drive this Saturday to encourage people to donate to said charities.

However, I've run into a problem. I'm finding it difficult to find these vendors in Second Life. I tried asking in my community group, but non one seems to know or even care about what I'm trying to do. :( It's rather disappointing. So I was wondering if anyone here could help me out? I'd be happy to host a vendor for any respectable charity out there in my Sim provided the vendors themselves are simple and low prim.

Thank you for your time.

As far as I know American Cancer Society/Relay For Life is currently the only 'charity' with an established presence in SL.  There have been others but they never had enough success to maintain a continued presence.

Most of the charitable events you see are in the category of disaster relief efforts sponsored by individual residents. 

There are some merchants who donate a portion of their sales to their pet charities.

You may want to talk to a few of the folks at The Non Profit Commons in SL.  They may be able to help you more:  http://www.nonprofitcommons.org/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.