Clothes for petite avies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

YaY for petite fashions...lol.

Actually I am 5'7" in world without heels on and have a very hard time finding things that fit, especially mesh.  If you are making mesh, make sure you use small avis but not just in size.  Being petite by SL standards often means small shoulders, small waist, small butt and small breast for many.

If you are making texture and prim outfits, the textures will automatically size on the avi and the prims can be modified just make sure you make them mod.  And please if you are going to use sizing scripts, make sure you can delete them and that your clothes are also copy.

Really nothing more to it as long as you have some petite shapes to fit it to.  If you are making mesh, please try to understand that many of us are under 6' tall and this number is growing as real sized people become more common.

Thanks for your prompt reply Chelsea. Was thinking that was the case, could be a bit tricky makiing petite shoes etc. Will bear what you say regarding heights, I think most of my normal clothes are OK for normal height avies.

By petite I was meaning tinies, here dancing along with a tiny dj dressed as a fairy :)

Shoes are actually pretty easy as most set their foot size to 0.  It's the ankle that becomes the issue which is why you need to allow mod or have re-sizing scripts.  But again, many remove these scripts once they get the object sized.  Im my case, if I can't remove the script, I don't keep the object.

And again, as long as your prims can be sized, you are good, the textures layers will adjust to the avi.

If you mean avi's that are called 'Petites' and are very tiny compared to average avatars, then your are talking about mesh avatars created by other users.  Regular clothing layers will not work with them since you essentially wear them like an attachment and prim clothing sold for average avatars will probably not size down that far.  However, you can make sculpted and mesh based clothes scaled for them.  Prim clothes, such as flexi skirts, may or may not work.  It won't if the prim size has to be smaller than that minimum prim size you can make in order to be correctly proportioned.

To make your own sculpted or mesh clothing you'll need a 3D modeling program outside of SL.  Blender will work and is free but takes considerable time to learn.  You may be able to find some sculpt maps in world to create sculpted prims that will scale down small enough to be in correct proportion to the avatar.  If you can, then you can make the clothes in world with them but will still need an outside graphics program such as photoshop or gimp to create the textures for them unless the map creator also provides the textures.

• 1 month later...

Yabusaka Petite avatars (on which others of this size are also based) provide free full perm mesh clothing templates so that owners of petite avatars & creators can make & sell Petite-sized clothing. Rather than adding clothing template textures to the system clothing layers, you can add them to these mesh layers instead. It's pretty easy if you already know how to make clothing.

One of the biggest differences is that because these avatars are mesh, their clothing has to be specific for each type of mesh body, or else it won't fit right. You can get free full perm mesh clothing templates for Yabusaka-style Petites, Minikins & Little me mesh avatars. I don't like using the Minikin clothing templates, because they are just one piece, rather than top & bottom pieces. If you know how to use a clothing design program like GIMP, though, you should be able to design for any of these just as you can for system clotihng layers.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I have just come across this topic but if you want to make clothing for mesh petites you can get the templates from petite kingdom if things are mod you can add a resizer script which you can get from market place i have worn petite mesg bidy for a few years so enjoy trying things out :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.