RLV Controls

Tesa Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

For an RLV item to catch you, it needs to work through an RLV Relay.   If you're not using a Relay, then you're perfectly safe, even though your Master or Mistress can use your collar's RLV functionality.   The collar listens to commands from your owner(s).   The Relay listens to commands from objects.

Some collars have relays built in.  If they do, you usually have to activate the relay separately from the collar's own RLV functionality.  It doesn't need to be activated if you don't want stuff to trap you -- your Master or Mistress can use the collar's  RLV menu on you anyway.   Otherwise you can use a separate relay, worn as a hud.   There's plenty of good free ones available.   I use Think Kink's tkPBA, but Satomi's MultiRelay is good, too.

Any decent relay will have a choice of settings .. one of which is to ask you before starting to accept commands from an object. So unless you actually tell it you don't mind who or what captures you, then you retain some choice in the matter.

And if you do end up caught,  relays will normally have a "safeword" function -- that is, you can free yourself by telling the relay you don't want to play any more.   Then it just cancels all the restrictions the trap has placed you under and turns itself off.

So, the short answer is, you should be able to free yourself, but you don't need to get caught if you don't want to.   I've been wandering round SL for over 4 years now with a relay and have never found myself  in a predicament I didn't want to find myself in, simply by understanding how my collar and relay work and being a bit careful.

But, as others have rightly said, if the worst come to the worst, you can always get out of trouble by turning off RLV in your viewer and relogging.     

• Like 2

my wife had a simmular problem once as she worn an item just for fun to check what it will do, well unfortnunatelly she was then not allowed to talk in open chat or anything, made me crack up but was hell to figure out what to do till somebody helped who has experience with rlv. ok you can not turn rlv on and off in your viewer like you want like everything else in preferences, you have to kind of use a back door. When you turn it off while you are in your viewer doesnt work, nor does it work by just logging out and log back in. what you have to do is log out, then open your viewer back up , go before you log in into preferences and turn rlv off, then close the viewer and open it back up and log in.  is what we have been told and it worked.

I dont know what viewer you are using, depending on which one just uncheck under whatever tab you find it "Allow remote scripted viewer controlls (rlva) (requieres restart)"

In firestorm for example you find it under preferences, then just go down to the firestorm tab and then "general" (please dont mix it with the general preferences of the viewer where u set language and stuff)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.