Little help please :) !

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there SL residents , I am particulary new to Second Life.

I am a 4th year university student doing research into virtual world economies. However I am terrible at navigating within Second Life. I need to setup a small test shop and I  was wonderng if anyone could guide me through this ? I can reward you for your time :) 

Thanks Muchly Az

Much like Linden Labs itself, I too look at this as an experiment since it really is.  We often see this as what we want but tend not to realize that this is an emerging technology that none of us know the end. 

At the onset, it was created as a "make your own game" platform that due to performance limitations, did not make very good games.  This is what Rodvik is trying to go back to and create a true game platform. What happened instead was it became a community with an economy, government and all the features of a community much like the Sims games but uncontrolled. 

It's an amazing experiment but I often have to remind myself that we are just paying to be in a massively ongoing beta.  We are not the frontier, we are merely participants in that frontier.

Feel free to contact me in word and I would love to help more though compensation is not required.

AzraelMortis wrote:

Hey there SL residents , I am particulary new to Second Life.

I am a 4th year university student doing research into virtual world economies. However I am terrible at navigating within Second Life. I need to setup a small test shop and I  was wonderng if anyone could guide me through this ? I can reward you for your time
:)

Thanks Muchly Az

You might try readng the Wiki about the SL economy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Second_Life

You might try the Merchant forum too. Will your test shop be to accumulate data or actually selling stuff? You see, we all are pioneers here that have done things our own way [win or lose] and that is part of the reasons we love SL, thinking outside the box :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Thanks for all the support so far guys  :) 

I am running a script on the object withing my home , its called watch box its aim is to logged user interactions with the object in which the script is embedded .

So i can get some test data could i ask if anyone is willing to visit 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shiratori/240/102/57 

and touch everything :)

Also if any is interested  V-economic research feel free to ask and ill fire you of a copy of everything Iv researched and developed. Also the watchbox script itself is free to anyone who wants to monitor things x

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.