Unable to get an account specific issue resolved due to being a free account.

Bactine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've got a free account on SL from issues that LL used to have with double and tripple charging members years ago. Because of this there are certain things that I do not have access to. I am not able to modify my profile in world or out of world because I do not have the ability? This is the message I receive:

The change you wanted was rejected

Maybe you tried to change something you didn't have access to. If you continue to receive this message please use the options under the viewer's "Help" menu or visitSecond Life Support.

Go to my.secondlife.com

This is only happening on this account. I've attempted to change things on another account with no issues. I attempted to submit a support ticket, there are no options for it for free accounts. So I did the only other thing I could think of and call LL. When calling LL I was directed to submit a support ticket and I had to actually tell the representitive which options I had to choose from because she did not know. I was directed to call after 8AM MST tomorrow and speak with a supervisor. I don't know about you guys, but why? If there is nothing on my account as to why I'm being blocked from updating my profile, how is the supervisor going to tell me anything different than what the rep did? Is there any thing else I can do to try to get this resolved with perhaps a Linden directly instead of playing phone tag?

Thank you both for your insight. I was trying to modify the profile on the official viewer 3 (newest release). I did not know others were having this same issue, I didnt see anyone speaking of it in world or when I glanced at the forums(yeah I know... I'm lazy lolol). This issue only started happening about 30min prior to me posting this message originally. No other account is being affected. As for the various things needing enabled, it's all enabled inside the viewer, as I've found without enabling them not even the splash screen shows correctly prior to logging in. I have attempted to submit tickets using the closest option I saw previous to this only to have them closed out days later with being told it was filed incorrectly. So you can see why I'm trying every other avenue I can. I will do as you suggested Char (I know it's Charlotte?Charlette *cant see it in the edit window sorry ._. please forgive*) and file a ticket with the closest option I have access to, along with calling tomorrow for the supervisor. Thank you both for your assistance with this matter.

2 answers to this question

I have only a couple of things to suggest. Charolotte's excellent answer covers the rest. :)

Did you try to change the profile in the viewers own web browser? Do you have cookies and javascript enabled in prefs? Have you tried to edit and save changes using an external web browser? Different ones?

- Luc -

• Like 1

Hi Bactine. I know earlier others were having issues with their profiles, so perhaps the site itself was experiencing problems, I was not affected so perhaps since not all of your accounts were affected it was a hit or miss kinda thing. Now, have you never been able to modify your profile, or just today? If it was never, then you have an issue for sure. If it was just today, perhaps it will resolve itself.

Now, as to live support. Their only purpose is to direct you to submit a ticket or to flip a switch if they have access to that switch. When submitting a support ticket, choose the one that most closely resembles your issue. Then once it is submitted, the next day submit a follow up comment to it saying that your issue is still open. Usually you will receive an answer on the third day.

Now, I would suggest you do all that and talk to a supervisor, they may surprise you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.