Question on customizing an AO

Rhojen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

I want to customize my AO. It has dance anims inside and I want to add more. I'm about to buy some from a vendor and there are 2 options: "transfer" and  "copy", which is more expensive. Since I'm not making a copy, can I use just purchase the "transfer" version to put that into my AO?

TIA

Transfer/No Copy means that the animation can be transferred to another avatar.  The downside to using No Copy items is that when you take them out of your inventory and put it into the AO, you will have no backup should something happen to the original.  It use to be a major problem with clothing items and other things you wear, like an AO, because you couldn't create multiple outfits using a No Copy item.  The new outfit technique using pointers instead of copies solves this problem.  However you still only have one copy of the animation with no backup should you damage or loose your AO.

--Cinn

Yep, I'd always go with copy, and try to get mod. Modify only means you can change the name of the animation, which is needed at times given the limited text area to see the names. Unless you are explicitly buying an animation to give to some1 else, it is unlikely you'll never want to transfer it anyways. With copy, you can put all your favorite dances in all your AOs. I have many customers that use a number of AOs, depending on their character.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.