I can't get NCs &LMs from group notices.

Prairie Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I receive a group notice, I'm unable to grab notecards or LMs that are attached to the notice. I am able to save an attached inventory item.

This has been going on for a while. I need to go into the group details "Notices" section and grab the notecard or LM from there.

I've tried to find a debug setting that I may have changed so I can't accept them, but can't find anything like that.

I'm using SL Beta viewer. I haven't yet tried switching viewers to see if this persists.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

Prairie Loon

6 answers to this question

Yes, same as Innula, I see this happening very occasionally but it's not the problem it used to be. There was a Jira on this issue last year but really didn't come to anything as Linden Lab considered it fixed in later viewers.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/STORM-1054?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel

• Like 1

I have the same experience as Innula. If the announcement is more than a couple of hours old, I can't get the attachment to work/open. I have to open the group and get the attachment from the Announcements Section.

I find even LM's as announcement attachments have problems. They will open the LM panel but the TP attempt will fail and the creator and other details of the LM are stuck at 'Loading...' When I save the LM it is properly added to LM's in my inventory. So, I can use it from there.

This problem has been around awhile. I'm using the Developement Viewer 3.3.0 and I still have the problem. Unill more people visit the JIRA bug report and click WATCH, we are unlikely to see this fixed.

• Like 2

Hello Prairie...

Have you blocked your group notices by accicdent?? Or have stopped  them from sendind you notices...or blocke them from being seen  in your profile??  When i click that i dont get my group notices....

some times u can ask the sender to resend you what you want as well....

Have anice day

Lishajoya Haven 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.