How do I make a second avatar for my one account?

ShenKu Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Yes.  You simply make a second account.  There is no tie to your first account from a Linden Lab point of view.  They treat them as 2 separate accounts.  How you use an alt account is completely up to you.  Some people keep them secret so they can enjoy SL alone without being bothered by friends.  Some use them openly as business partners and co-land owners.

--Cinn

If all you want is different appearance setups, like one look that is a 20-something girl, and another that is a quad housecat, and another that is an anthro vixen, and one more that is a burly male truck-driver type, but all can have the same name over their head, then that is just different outfits worn by one avatar. Buy new avatar sets, like a furry avatar that makes you into a vixen, and wear it. Changing your body, including gender and all other physical description factors, is as easy in SL as changing your shirt. Switch between them at will by selecting them in inventory, and wearing the new stuff to replace what you had on before. My main account has over 100 different looks like that. They would all say my name over them, but they can look 100% different.

If you want a completely different name, friends list, inventory and everything, and the ability to log on with more than one of those accounts at once, then you create a second account. This is also called "Making an alt". There is no linkage between individual accounts at all. They are unique individuals as far as the Lab is concerned, andf share nothing between them in common, even if you register them with the same real-world info and mailing address.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.