can i use a visa gift card to purchase lindens?

VictoriaBlue1488303804

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Generally speaking, no. SL doesn't typically accept gift cards. Odd that it did the preapproval, though.

ETA: Regarding Irene's answer, you can go ahead and try asking billing, but on this issue I don't know that I would trust them. I called billing to ask if they accepted Visa gift cards and was told yes, then it didn't work. I called back and they said no, whoever I'd talked to before was wrong. It seems billing support isn't very knowledgable about this issue.

• Like 1

In addition to the great LoveAngel and Ariel answers, in any case you can ask to the Billing Team ( https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/ ):

Have billing issues? Give us a call.

Note that phone support is for billing issues only. If you're having technical issues, please use technical support.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Brazil: 0800.762.1132
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

i dont think so :/ ive tried a couple different visa g-cards.  It depends on the system thats running the card, some systems recognize the card if the card is registered under your zip code, but some systems like SL and Hulu, only recognize if the card registered has no conflict with the address.  unfortunately most gift cards only register by zip code, and the ones ive tried that you register by address, such as Green Dot, the systems still dont recognize the card.  Theres almost to much security implied with SL and Hulu payments, where as VuDu and Pandora have a very low security payment system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.