* How Do I Report an *Group* for Encouraging *Age Play* & Violating the ToS?

franklincoln

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I have been a member of a adult-rate group for older, adult gay men and younger, adult gay men to meet for sometime now.  There are several such groups like this in SL.

I noticed yesterday the group's Profile Image had been recent changed and when I looked at it, it now shows a Real Life photo of an older man with gray hair sitting a boy who looked like he was under 10 years old!

I was going to ask the group's "two owners" about what I think is encouraging Age Play and violating the Terms of Service, but when I did so I found both these accounts has the *same* underage avatar which was stated in the biographical text as being a *12-year old* boy.

I reported both these 2 personal accounts as the owners of a group encouraging Age Play -- and then I left the group.  But what I would like to know is if there is a way I can report the *group itself* for abuse?

I have reported members in the past who clearly have underage avatars for posting in the adult group's chat and also send Notecards to the founder/owner.  He did not then have a profile image of his own before, so little did I know he actually was supporting such Age Play.

I've done many Abuse Reports before, for griefing and other thing, but I have no idea how to report a *group* in the abuse form.  Would someone please tell me if this is possible and exactly how I would do this?

I deeply feel this group should be *removed* for SL as soon as possible.  As a gay man, I am very aware of many attempts to link being gay with pedophilia, so when I see something like this it really angers me. 

Thank you very much for your time and your help.

-------

Peggy, this is the group's charter:

---------------

This is a group for Older Men/ Younger Males,  Masters / Boy Slaves, and Gay men with similar interests. To find each other here in Second Life.

Roleplay,BDSM,Kidnapping,Bondage, Domination,friendship,Love and Family.    

The group is open for anyone to Join. please, abide by the Second life Terms of Service when using the group.

--------------------

This IS An *Adult* sex group.  Read what I said about the the group's profile image, of an older man with a *child* -- and about the founder/owner of this group who has a *12-year old* avatar.  

Read what I said about there constantly being very under-age avatars as members -- and posting in chat.

Do you think asking to "abide" by SL's ToS is going to hold up with Linden Labs, given all the Age Play presented in this Adult sex group?

Do you still think my Abuse Reports will go nowhere?   I don't. 

If they don't, shame on Linden Labs.

3 answers to this question

I'm not going to get into too much detail about my personal views on "age play".  Let's just say I'm pretty darned conservative and traditional about such behavior and have a very difficult time understanding and accepting why grown adults gravitate to activities and lifestyles that foster questionable behavior.  There's no law against it, I know, but I don't have to accept it.......just don't get in my face over it.

That's out of the way so I'll give my opinion on your "Encouraging 'Age play'".  Age play, in itself, is not against the ToS.  Anyone can have a child avatar and play a child in SL.  I can see some very innocent age playing that is, in no way, inappropriate in a legal sense (heck, I'll even admit in a socially moral sense either).  I have two nieces and I'm an adult.  One niece is 6 years old and one is 16 months old.  I love being around them.  We play, we cuddle, we act silly..........it's far from inapproprate.  The line on "age play" in the SL ToS is crossed when the age play becomes sexual age play.  And from your discription about the group, there does not appear to be any overt encouragement of sexual age play...........your AR's will go nowhere. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.