After deeding to land I no longer have rights

BanRock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Adding to the above, if you do have something that needs to be deeded to a land group to work, like a security orb, what you can do is buy the item back (by setting it for sale, and buying it) in order to edit it, and then deed it back to the group when you're done. The advantage of that versus returnig the item is that the item remains in-world, which you probably want to have happen for a security orb.

Here is the article I have on that:

CAUTION. Deeding land to a group

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2011/03/kit-caution-deeding-land-to-group.html

As to deeded objects, I hope you kept copies for youself.  I have not found any way to recover deeded object and render them as usable as they were before the transfers.  When I dont want a deeded object around any more, I delete it.  In the past, when I reclaimed them,  they later created a problem.

TKR

Thinkerer Melville wrote:

I have not found any way to recover deeded object and render them as usable as they were before the transfers.  

I've only had that problem with items I created myself, in which I forgot to enable next owner transfer permission (edit: actually, full permission) of some embedded asset or other.  Otherwise, if the whole item is fully transferable, I've never encountered a problem caused by it being deeded to a group for a while.

I very much prefer the approach of buying it back as original, in-world, rather than returning the deeded object.  The only downside of selling it back to yourself is that, for the brief interval that it's set for sale, anybody else could buy it.  That's too improbable to fret about, though.

Thinkerer Melville wrote:

As to deeded objects, I hope you kept copies for youself.  I have not found any way to recover deeded object and render them as usable as they were before the transfers. 

Set them for sale, or sort the group perms to allow manipulation of deeded objects but as Qie points out, when you deed, you hit next owner perms.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.