Link two attachments with a particle chain

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for a simple script that chains any two worn attachments with a particle texture chain, the moment that both are worn. It's similar to the lockguard/lockmeister scripts, except instead of chaining to a rezzed object I want it to chain to another attachment.

I'm pretty sure a script like this already exists since I have a few products that use them, but they're all no copy/no mod so I can't use them on my own creations. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great, or IM me in-world (or on forum) to discuss details (pricing and such) if you would like to write one for me.

Thanks.

You might be able to experiment with something like http://lslwiki.net/lslwiki/wakka.php?wakka=LibraryRopeConstraint and see how you go.

Sorry, but I'm not really familiar with attachments - don't they have their own coordinate frame of reference?  That might complicate things a little (there is information about sensors in attachments on the wiki entry for llSensorRepeat too for example).

If you can do it, I guess it would be by using the PSYS_SRC_TARGET_KEY parameter to llParticleSystem.

Kimm

Either Lockmeister or LockGuard can do this; the only slightly tricky part might be to figure out what logic you want for triggering the particle system on attachment.  I'm thinking that llRegionSayTo() to the avatar key could be handy for this, and both systems were around long before that function was introduced, so there might be an efficiency gain from some re-implementation.

Anyway, I think you'll find examples in the OpenCollar stuff; I think they have some cuffs that must do what you want, if you're up to looking inside those scripts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.