Is lost with this MESH?

Naamah Barbosa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!

I've been looking around for a while but I still can't seem to get a simple explanation of using mesh, how to create using mesh, how to create a mesh object/avatar itself etc etc. Can someone please give me a run down on how i can get started into this method of creating because i'd really love to give it a go?

Thank you

Regards

Na'am.

Machinimatrix blog tips are nice once you learn some very basics.

I would try to start with the official SL wiki, where you get the URL to do the Mesh IP Tutorial Start. It will help you to understand some necessary concepts about LL policy on mesh. You can find some basic and advanced information as well. 

You must finish the tutorial and enclose some billing information in order to grant the right to upload meshes. Its a prerequisite.

To create mesh you need a modeling tool, you can find information about the more frecuently used on the sl wiki too.

I always recommend blender witch is free and have a lot of features, but the learning steps is high. I have some video tutorials playlists of blender on my youtube channel (i didn't make them, just found useful for me). I found Machinimatrix 's tutorials very useful too.

Recently, daz3d released some programs for free. Hexagon is the one used to make 3d content. Its simpler and more intuitive that blender, but it loss features. Is a good start to familiarize yourself with mesh though.

I hope it help you.

The essential feature for making a Mesh model is a 3D modelling program which can export in COLLADA format.

I use Wings3D because I'm used to it. I have used it for Sculpts.

Mesh as a substitute for a Sculpt is fairly easy. There are a few more steps to go through, but you have far more control of textures and such.

The inxredibly difficult spect of Mesh is the Rigged Mesh, which allowed a one-piece clothing item to be made which bends like the AV wearing it. I have made these things for the Poser program,, and it isn't easy. I am being forced to the conclusion that I shall have to learn Blender to make anything that has a chance of working with SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.