SL keeps crashing!!

Sofiee Aiten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am using the newest version of Second Life and right when I am able to log in it rashes before I can do anything!

It says the region may be experiencing trouble but I have tried other places!

What should I do?

I also uninstalled and reinstalled and still no luck. I am using a macbook pro lion 

I have the same problem on V3 and on Forestorm the download gets about two third of the way then it crashes to desktop. I have the latest iMac running Lion. It works fine on the Phoenix and Singularity viewers so it appear to be a V2/3 problem. I have completely removed Firestom and re-installed it and it worked for a couple of days then the same happened again. I downloaded Firestorm to my other iMac running on Snow Leopard it worked perfectly so it appears to be a Lion problem.

I'm using  macBook Pro:  mac os 10.6.8

I have not been able to log into SL using the LL client for about 4 weeks.. This has been happening for about 4 weeks, maybe more. When the LL client began crashing upon logging in,  I began using Firestorm until it starting crashing also, and upon logging in.

Both Linden's and Firestorm crashes when they get to "downloading clothing" then they say darn you've been logged out of SL.

Tonight for the first time in 4 weeks, after the 3rd try getting in with the LL client, it worked. However, my friend's list will NOT load, nor will my groups list load. I am not receiving IM"s from my groups. I cannot read parcel information either (information in land panels).

During these weeks of not being able to use LL's viewer or Firestorm, I found Snow Globe. It works ok, but has issues. Another viewer I have tried, Exodus, works ok, but also has its set of problems.  When these problems first began, I filed a ticket with LL. Basically, they said to go take a flying leap. lol

I think Mac folks are simply out of luck when it comes to SL.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope we get replies, same thing, multiple viewers, have checked my connections, and ping is nice and low, checked my firewall, and it has the appropriate ports open as best as I can tell, I have been busy and away for a while came back to this.  Cleared all caches, and reinstalled but even Radegast is crashing me and  that has no graphics!

I am on a pc not a mac.

• 1 year later...

Same problem on MAC OS10 but was able to log in on Cool VL Viewer...only one that still works tried all others but this viewer doesn't have as many feautures as Firestorm.  Try that until SL figures this out....I filed ticket and they are making do everything I already did that did not work...will post fix if I find it or they solve it!

• 2 months later...

Damo Macbain wrote:

Mari dunno if you will get this, I can't find email for you, I cannot log into sl because the TOC wont load and allow me to click accept, as I am a resident on your sim, it looks like I am gonna lose out my rented apartment ... :-(

Damo, you should try logging in with a different viewer, preferrably an old V1 based viewer - that usually allows you to accept the TOS. There's a glitch with some viewers that causes what you're seeing. Once you accept the TOS you can use your regular viewer again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.