LSL Editor Test version for Visual Studio

Xor Nightingale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all,

This is a pre pre pre release / language spec test for visual studio.
The team is moving away from a self made IDE and into using VS2k10 stand alone shell (free)
As the base for the editor. This opens up a whole new world for us.

This is a test of a from scratch EBNF Spec.  (using Irony). 

Current Test features:
Syntax highlighting (Most)
Error Parsing/checking. 

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lsleditor/files/VS-Alpha/

• Like 1

Thanks again.

I've done that, but what now?  

I've created a test script, and this is what it looks like.

test1.jpg

Shouldn't it be highlighting or something, as it does, in fact, do when I open that same script in LSLEditor? At the moment, I might as well be using any text editor -- I can't see what the extension is doing.

I'm not complaining -- I'm just worried I'm doing something wrong because I'm not sure what I should be seeing.

I cant use any of them editors, i tried once it kept trying to do things for me i counted up to 3 as that is the limit i give all things and on the third time it added its own rubbish i deleted it, i would prefer notepad to those, i have a way that i lay out brackets, in all the years i have been doing it and can speed read any script or program if it has the brackets laid out how i want them, seems the creators of theses editors dont know these simple things.

LOL You mean they can't mind read and make it work with your particular style?  For shame.

Seriously though, there are just as many styles as there are scripts.  I argue with the indenting of the editor I use every time I use it on a new machine, well that is until I remember to go into the options and turn off the indention correction feature.  The editors can't possibly know every single style option people use. If notepad works easier for you, then cool use it!  But for others these editors are wonderful creations that the makers have spent their valuable time making for us for free. And should get our phrase for their efforts.

Talia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.