Grrrrrr...now I'm ghosted too

Cinnamon Lohner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

That's what I get for teleporting over to check on one of the ghost posts here in Answers.  Got stuck in a sim crossing, had to log out and now ghosted inworld.  So far the old fixes aren't working.  Will be contacting Live Chat and hope they can help.

--Cinn

Thanks LoveAngel :)  I've got one of my alts guarding my ghost.  She can see me on radar but because I was doing a sim crossing, she can't see me physically.  And she's too smart to try the same crossing. :smileyvery-happy:

ETA: On a side note, looks like emoticons are broken here as well.  Going to be a bad day in SL I think.

@Noah.  Yes it was you I was checking on.  Seems that Oved Valley is full of avatars (44 showing at the moment)  Which should not be possible since 40 is max for a mainland sim.  I landed in Fredrix and tried to cross into Oved Valley and am now ghosted.  Still working with Live Chat

Ok.  Second person at Live Chat got me unstuck.  But I don't believe they restarted Oved Valley to make it happen.  Someone with property in Oved Valley is going to need to make the case for a restart.  In the mean time I'm going to post this thread as solved.

9 answers to this question

im sorry hope it wasnt me you were after... if so join the effort to restart that region,,, truthfully am very sorry if you figure ot what to do to get out let me know i have been logging in for hours now no luck..sigh

quickly removes emoticon smiles.... waits etc

Hi Cinn! Just for info, here's the reply I just got from LL (glad you got unstuck, btw!):

Type: Region Performance Issues
  Hi Valerie,

Thank you for writing. In order to assist Noah, we will need him to actually submit a case and request support himself. We are not able to help via a third-party.

The Oved Valley region does not appear to need to be restarted again at this time. However we may be able to assist Noah with the problem he is encountering once he's submitted a case for himself.

Kind Regards,

Jaida Linden

Ohhh I have been missing all the fun :matte-motes-wink-tongue: Real life does get in the way sometimes.

I hate to see this old issue seemingly making a return. Obviously something Oskar and his crew have been doing this week has put a virtual spanner into the works.

As none of the "old" methods of freeing ghosted avatars are working (which I didn't expect them to after all this time - SL being so evolutionary) - I am urging all to go straight to Live Chat, as they certainly do have the power to push people offline if they're stuck, often without having to resort to a region restart.

I'm glad you got unstuck, Cinn. You of all people!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.