Basic Prim and Tier Question

kurt7D8 Avon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I collect paintings and sculpture and I'm out of prims.

If I increase my tier, will I automatically receive a new prim allowance based on sqm or do I have to buy property first?

If I do buy property can I use my prims on my original land, where I'm doing collecting, regardless of the location of that new land that's giving me prims? Or I can only use those prims on the new land?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

The allowance will remain the same, it is based on the land.

Land has to be in the same Region to share available prims.

When you buy Land, the system will tell you that purchasing the land will increase your Tier, (if it will) and you will have the chance to approve or deny the transaction.

You can increase your Allowed Land holdings in advance at your Dashboard, but you don't have to. I suggest waiting until you are sure you want the extra land and have found a Parcel you like.

You have to get more land.  Prims come from land, not tier.

Land with the same owner in the same region has a combined prim allowance.  You can place the prims where you want as long as you stay within the combined total.

(Torley has an example in one of his videos about that... I don't remember which one)

Land in two different regions can't be used the same way.  You'd have a number of prims for each region. You could distribute those as you liked over whatever number of parcels you owned in each region.

(edited to say that Knowl has it covered)

Prim allotment is directly tied to the land.  So just increasing your tier will do nothing to increase your prims.  You need to go out and buy more land.

The second part of your question is a little trickier.  You have to buy more land IN THE SAME SIM in order for the prim allotment to be used on your original land.  If you were to buy land in a different sim, it will of course give you more prim at that location, but those prims are NOT usable on a different land parcel in another sim.

--Cinn

Resident
Topics: 11

Re: Basic Prim and Tier Question
[ New ]

01-25-2012 11:31 AM

Thank you for these helpful answers.  They are appreciated.

I'm a little confused about the term "region."  I know that my community is Fumb and I know that this is Mainland.  But does my region have a name?  And how do I find out the boundaries of my region?  And "sim" is synonymous with "region," right?

I see now that I need to know these things because I must buy future property in the same region if I want to use prims for my property (in my region).

Thank you!

I'm a little confused about the term "region."  I know that my community is Fumb and I know that this is Mainland.  But does my region have a name?  And how do I find out the boundaries of my region?  And "sim" is synonymous with "region," right?

Hit the world-map button (not the mini-map).  The Region (aka SIM) name will be shown in one of the lower corners.  Regions (aka SIMs) are the 256x256 meter plots of land that bear a Region (aka SIM) name.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.