Items coming in too fast...

Kylie Jaxxon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Someone had posted on the forums what to do when items come in too fast inworld and darn if I can find the reference to it now :(

I have a box that has about 30 items in it and everytime I open it, only about 10 go into my inventory...how do I get the rest of the items out of the box and into inventory? 

ETA:  Woot...that worked!!  Thanks so much :)

ETA2:  Thanks Lindal...that was the tip (select & drag) that someone had said at an earlier time and I couldn't remember :(  This is the first time that I had encountered this that I know of...all were animations, but only 1/3 of them went to my inventory.

2 answers to this question

Hello Kylie. Almost every time i open a box i get this message with V3. What i do about. I wait "Loading contests" (more than when loading finishes), i copy them and i wait again. In the beginning i don't see all of them but after some seconds, i do. If eventually i notice that i 've missed some, i delete the folder and i repeat all the process. In addition, move in a region with less lag. Always it helps. When you get the first 10 items wait some seconds and you will get the rest.

EDIT: You are very welcome, Kylie!

• Like 1

Usually, the "items coming in too fast" message only means that textures and notecards won't be automatically displayed on your screen.  The items should still make it into your inventory OK.

But when the process encounters a No Copy item, the transfer can stop cold, while it asks you if it is OK to move this No Copy item.  In this case, you may have to look in your box again, select the parts that haven't yet been transferred, and drag them into your inventory.

I always use the select and drag method of unboxing, myself; I don't trust the Copy to Inventory button to put the things in the folder I want them in.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.