LL needs to accept prepaid cards...what can we do to move this along

BrookeJoilfaunt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I would like to see LL accept the prepaid cards..I recieve them and find it easier to keep

track of what i spend and they are not out there like your debit card so someone can hack

your account and abuse it.  I had that happen that is why i won't put my debit card on the 

internet..it's a scarey thing when you know that someone has access to your bank acct and 

all your credientials..

I hope they someday will accept these prepaid card..makes life easier..RL and SL

thanks for listening

3 answers to this question

You can check the JIRA and see if there's an issue about this. If so, vote for AND watch the issue. If not, create one yourself and have your friends and others interested in seeing this happen vote for and watch it. I don't know that it'll go very far, but it's worth a shot.

I think it's something in the way their billing system works that prevents this currently. I remember they mumbled something about their billing system when I called to complain that a billing support person had told me I could use a VISA giftcard to buy Lindens and it turned out I couldn't.

Hello BrookeJoilfaunt. I agree with Ariel. The best you can do is to open a new jira --> +Create issue (on the right). You can also contact support regarding your local payment as below:

• Customer support phone number (All Countries): +44 2033620268
  • Toll-Free Support Number for UK, Germany, France, Japan, Spain, Brazil, and Portugal: +0080071237123
  • Email: support@payments.secondlife.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.