Problems with flying

Merendero

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I fly happens something really odd.

Sometimes I go flying and flying and flying: if I press button "stop fly", or if I try to stop avatar's movement, or just stop flying in World menu, nothing happens, and I have to log off and then log on.

Sometimes I can stop flying from Worl menu.

Is there a solution? (Phoenix)

THANK YOU!

6 answers to this question

Does this happen when you are flying across from one sim into the next one? And the next one?

It does often happen that you will appear to continue to fly after you have pressed 'stop fly'. 

Although sims look like they are next to each other, the sims may actually be on different servers.  Therefore, all the information from your avatar has to travel from one server to another.  If you are wearing anything scripted - genitalia, collars, AO, HUD, hair, footwear, you may also find the process of flying or teleporting from one sim to another is slower. Again, this is because a lot more information is having to be transferred from one server to another.

• Like 1

Marigold has given you the perfect and most probable answer, Merendero.

Also in some cases, a broken AO can cause that too. If it seems to you it comes from an AO you are wearing, detach it from yourself (I mean, as soon as you can land, lol). Most AOs are copy so save one. Drag the copy to the ground and reset it (an instructions notecard must have been given to you with the animation, if not, contact the seller to have one). This will restore the default settings.

Merendero, you wear a collar? Genitalia? Try removing these before the next time you fly. Anything else scripted. The more heavily your avatar is scripted, the longer it will take you to finish the process of going from one sim to the next one. Do you ever have problems teleporting? If so, same issue. Test all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.