I cant load my avatar

Hope8 Turbo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

That happened to me the other day, i logged in and i had no facial features or body features. i was just a pink thing, no eyes.

in invent my shape said Ruth, which is a default skin and shape

I could nt do much, could nt go into edit appearance, next time i logged in i got a message about my body parts not being found in the data base.

After a while, next time i logged in i was the same, i went to my invent, and put on my shape ,skin, clothes hair, and i was my old self again.

Can't give you more of an answer than that, except it did eventually clear up, but you will have to builld yourself again, put on shape, skin, hair etc.

It's called being Ruthed. It means your avatar didn't load, or bake, properly, so the database threw on something familiar sicne it had trouble finding/loading what you should have been wearing. (Overly simplistic, but that's the basics.) Try the solutions listed here: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=bake_fail

It was written by the Phoenix team, but works for all viewers.

I'd wait on this and work with it the best you can for a day or so. If it is has been going on longer then that I would make out a JIRA.

https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa?

Inventories up date with each log on and something maybe wrong with the server providing your data and it is defaulting to the Ruth AV. (I'm not sure what the male default AV is called. Hmmmm, lets call him, Ray.  :)  )

It is also possible some item in your inventory is buggy so try and change to a new skin or shape and other clothing and see what happens. This can be especially a problem with some freebie clothing and objects and might be a texture corruption issue. Also remove all scripted items, AO's and those sorts of programs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.