Getting Closer - but Help on Textures for Mesh

Toysoldier Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My perception of your feelings and beliefs on Sculpties is only a reflection of your posts.  Read some of your past posts in this thread.  Whe you say things like how disgusted you are about sculpty tress.... I can only read your position from your posts.  Your posts are not as militant as Medhue's Evangelical Love for all things Mesh but your posts do strongly indicate you hate sculpties.  Thats all I will say about that.

As for Medhue... you last post crystalizes everything I have been saying about your utterly blind love for Mesh... and your clearly posted anger and frustration for anyone that does not drinking from his "SL MUST BE ALL THINGS MESH" fireshose.

So I guess according to Medhue - I am DEAD as a Merchant.

Actually Medhue from your last post I really amd personally so happy for you.  It is a rare moment in every human's life when all the stars align and one gets to come from the darkness of suffering and darkness and arrive at their personal perceived utopia.  Its clear for Medhue that LL delivered that personal utopia.  Life must have been so hard and dark and the suffering for you must have been intolerable all these years on the SL Grid.   Each day preying that someday LL will relieve him from this suffering of the evil Sculpty! 

Think of the enormous power you now wield Medhue.  Your top of the mountain superior skill knowledge and insight in the deep secret pure powers of the MESH.  An insight that only you and a few others guardians of the Mesh are aware of.

With this power you will be able to sweep through the Marketplace and take over all of your competitors markets.  Since you will never make anything other than a mesh ever again because of your insight.... think of your new explosive market in selling MESH CUBES to all those builders in SL that thought the basic free reazzing prim cube was so great.  Now you can actually do what many used to joke about... you can make and sell MESH CUBES on Marketplace.  When a Customer asks you "but Medhue why would I pay you 10L for a Mesh Cube when I can make one for free and scale up for the same 1Prim when yours keeps getting more expensive when I scale it to 50M or add a script to it?".  You can say "listen Mr ignorant customer - trust me that this mesh cube has powers beyond your comprehension - trust you will feel better in the long run".

I predict that in 2 years they will rename the LL MarketPlace to Medhue All-Things-Mesh Marketplace. 

I bet Medhue will be able to even figure out how to tap the inner powers of mesh to make mesh scripts and meshed textures.

Ohhh hold on.... didnt someone earlier say....  "even a prim cube is a mesh?"!!   I think Medhue is trying to scam me!

LOL..... Happy for you Medhue.  Now with your supreme skills and unending evangelical passion for MESH.... take over the SL grid and become LL's biggest new Millionaire!  Just remember us losers that never believed you.

:)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was quite entertaining, but I would not ever categorize myself as a mesh creator. Novice, at best. This has nothing at all to do with whether I understand the mesh system and how to make them. I sell motion capture AOs. All the mesh that I'm making is for a completely different project. And, personally, If I can get some1 else to make all the meshes, the way I want them, I would gladly let some1 else make them. I learned mesh so that I would know exactly what the possibilities are, and those possibilities go way beyond what I could have imagined. I actually think about creating in a completely different way now. Creating with prims or sculpties is like creating with handcuffs on. Hey, I'm a multi linden millionaire. Does that count? If I ever did make crazy money in SL, believe me, no1 in SL would ever know.

LL did mention arbitrary skeletons last week. I'll definitely be in heaven with those.

No quibbles on my part that the skills for being a successful merchant are WAY different than to call yourself a skilled builder... Take myself for example - I made *everything* for my builds.. I did the prims/sculpts/(mesh wasnt around yet), I carefully lined up textures that I had appropriate perms for or I tried to create them from scratch, I did the anims frame by frame, I did the scripts... and I tried to market them. My products sold well enough for me to break even on a few inworld locations and on marketplace until the economy tanked and the income would no longer support my rent/tier and my upload habit. I learned that theres 2 necessary things for getting any RL income out of SL that I dont have - I SUCK at texturing and marketing. My products sold on being creative with how the scripts made the object visually interactive as opposed to simply saying "object does something to you...", not on their visual beauty or by their containing custom anims of Medhue's quality. When (not if) I re-enter the SL market it will be with added mesh skills, but still as somebody who sucks at marketing so I dont ever expect to do more than break even, and thats ok by me.

Kwak....

I was able to successfully log into the SL Beta grid (I assume that is Aditi).  On the map there is only one sim visible and I cant rez anything on this sim.  Its the Barbarossa Ferry Terminal and Infohub.

But I couldnt even generate a mesh on this beta grid as I get a "you dont have rights to upload a model" error.

Maybe I went into the wrong grid but this was the only grid option available / visible to me on the phoenix 1.6... SecondLife grid and SecondLife Beta grid.

What up?

LOL.... I met a dude on here that was just as lost as me.  we both could rez anything but our inventories were all there from the main grid and we both had tons of fake lindens - the beta grid gave me 68000.  It does say it was aditi.  But there is only one sailing sim with a secret treasure cave. :)

"What up?"

1. You should be able to upload mesh anywhere you have build permissions, as in the sandboxes. There are a few of the beta sandboxes left that you can find on the world map by typing "Mesh" in the serach box. They are called "Mesh Sandbox #", where # is a number. All except one of those have autoreturn at 24 hours. They quite often have problems.

2. For some strange reason, you have to take the test separately for Aditi. You can find it here. The first of the two links, I think.

3. You need some free Aditi L$ to pay the fees. If you haven't got any, I or someone else can send you some.

Thanks!  Yes I had to rewrite the test and although from the welcome sim you see no other sims on the grid - when i searched MESH i saw lots of sandboxes.

This will be a godsend to try different mesh pipelines.  I am experimenting with 3D Coat.

Ohhh... when I logged in I had 68,147L.  Not sure how they calculated that and why I have so much.  but there is tons here.

Can I cash it out? :)

• 9 months later...

Just wondering if we've conquered the upload of mesh with multiple textures applied as I've yet to see anyone explaining how they managed to do it up to SL with that little Include textures button on the Upload Options tab..

I've got models which already have material/texture assignments for the model in 3ds  max but when I export to .dae and attempt to import them with the textures....I don't see them in the preview and they don't appear to upload with the model. I'd like to figure out where I'm botching the process so my tree uploads will have textures applied.

So...IF anyone has mastered or even had some success with uploading a model WITH it's textures can you please explain a proper way to do it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.