I pressed the demo button for a freebie not the actual item and they took all my lindens?

Ellie Panache

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

They can't take your $L unless you buy the item. My guess is that what you clicked was NOT actually a demo board (whether or not it said it was), was the wrong place on the board (some do this - if you click one spot you get the demo, if you click the other you buy the actual product), or otherwise had some kind of trick involved. Some stores have problems with people rezzing invisible prims in front of their boards, for example, so when you click to pay, you pay that prim whatever price it has set. Just as an example of something that can go wrong.

Check your transaction history to make sure you paid who you think you paid the amount you think you paid them. Then you can try to message the creator and explain the mistake. IF the item was transfer, no copy, it's possible they will allow you to return it, and refund your money. If it was copy, no transfer, however, you're likely out of luck. SOME merchants will give you the benefit of the doubt, but most have been burned too many times to do so.

Most likely, you're stuck with the actual item. Pay attention before you click the "pay" button, to ensure that you're paying what you think you're paying.

• Like 1

I visited that store just now.  All the demos are in the large signs, and work correctly.  There are no transparent "thief" prims over any of the vendors.  The small vendor signs below the large displays will sell you a pack of skins in a given skin tone.  The small black and white vendors will sell you a fat pack of all the skins in a given line.

It all seems straightforward to me.  My verdict:  User error.  I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I hope you learned to pay closer attention to the confirmation screen you get when you click Buy.

• Like 2

As the people above said, they couldn't take your lindens without you actually purchasing the full item, and unfortunatly, some designers have a no returns policy.

Explain your situation to the designer, and hope for the best, that's all I can say =/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.