Aim bot.

Dayana Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well hello.. I have some questions about  " Aim bot " with guns.. Or even melee. I'm indeed in a roleplay and i believe some people are using this. I would like to know what's exactly aimbotting. How does it works, and if it's possible to catch someone using it. 

I do hope someone could finally answer at my question.

Happy new year. - Eva-

if the cheat is lsl scripted can get an idea based on the flight of the bullet in relation to the orientation of the avatar. like if it rez and then fly at a right angle to the orientation of the avatar. is no way in lsl to rotate an avatar but is quite easy to do targetting

if the cheat is being done by a tpv mod then is pretty much impossible to detect this way. only giveaway then is the insane accuracy and kill rate of the person using it. most ppl who use these kinda haxs not able to control their urge to be uber bestest killa evah

edit: i thought not to post this bit but i think is better if ppl know more than not. so they can make up their own minds about things

can easy make a gunsight in lsl. it track ur opponents. when u turn ur avatar and ur opponent is front of u then it lock on them and u get msg/signal/sound that they direct in front. u can then either have ur gun automatic fire or manual click mouse trigger. u just keep running or flying or whatever and only fire when u get a lock. the giveaway for that is how often the player is rotating when it not make any sense for them to be doing that

Thanks for the answers. So my english is not really good ( Not my main language ). But i understand it's possible to aim bot in SL.. Right ? 

• A bit sad, if you want my opinion. Using these things ruin the fun for the other ones fighting. Wish there is a way to catch them, and ban them of the sim. I need a proof.. Otherwise, can't do... You know.

• 9 months later...

Eva, I have been in SL for 6 years now, fighters in Gor, for instance use meters, and the makers of those meters have scripts in them that can easily detect cheating, Go to a Gorean Sim, get a GM (Gorean Meter), usually placed at the landing point of the sim and check it's properties. The main woman's name who makes them is in Properties, contact her and ask her about how she uses scripts to catch cheaters with the Gorean Meters, I hope this helps you . Have fun in SL 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.