Why can't I move things in the RECENT tab in my inventory anymore?

Arya Braveheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Very aggravating. What you can do is open up another instance of inventory by pressing ctrl shift i then drag your recent hunt items into your newly created folder.

You would have one inventory screen with the Inventory Tab open with the newly created Hunt Folder in it.

You would have a second inventory window with the Recent Tab open.

You would drag your recent hunt items into your new Hunt Folder.

Once you have moved one item from recent into a new folder, the new folder is now itself a recent item and you can close one of the inventory windows if you would like.

It is also aggravating that you cannot create new folders in the recent tab.

(Fwiw, both of these issues are solved in the Exodus viewer, in which you can do both, drag things around in recent and create new folders in recent, as an avid hunter features I love!)

As others has already mentioned, you cannot start drag and drop operations from/in the recent tab anymore. However, there is an easy fix for that - you will only need a proper editor for that, for instance Notepad++, which can be downloaded for free (I assume you are using Windows, but steps for other operating systems are actually the same):

• Open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the installation folder of the viewer
  • Navigate to the skins\default\xui\en subfolder
  • Open the file panel_main_inventory.xml in an editor (you really should use something different than Notepad - it just displays the content in broken layout)
  • Search for "recent_inventory_panel"
  • The next or one of the following lines should read: accepts_drag_and_drop="false"
  • Change that line into: accepts_drag_and_drop="true"
  • Save the modified file
  • Voilá, you can drag and drop items on the recent tab next time you login
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.