New Developments?

AJ DaSilva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just curious what's been added, scripting-wise (or anything to do with tech in general), in the last few years.  I'm guessing nothing significant, but thought I'd ask if there's a log of relevant changes or anything.  Can meshes be programatically generated, for instance?

Thanks,
-AJ

EDIT: "New Resident", heh.

Hmm...

Well, the animation thing and ray casting are nice (if, like everything, incredibly overdue) but there's not much else, really.  Guess LL knows it's audience and it's not me.  Pity, really; despite some questionable architectural decisions, it showed a lot of promise back in the day and there's still little alternative.  At least the net code felt tighter when I logged in.

Well, maybe I'll pop back again in a few more years.

Even inside blender , when you must generate by python face per face , it s slow . And LSL functions can t spend a long time because a script shouldn t monopolize the CPU of the sim .

Nevertheless they can delegate the work to the viewer sometimes as it s done already for the particles

And too , some functions work by groups of vertexs or by group of datas . Maybe in the future we could assign or change these proprieties to have some dynamic changes in-world. Am i dreaming ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.