i changed my payment card and now its giving me a billing issue. it accepted the card!

devilssoul Aries

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently changed my CC in my billing to add my lidens to myy account and now its giving me a billing issue, i removed the cards that i dont use anymore for secondlife, reason for this is security issues in the past.. i went to buy lindens this morning and payment failed

There was a problem charging your payment method.

Please refer to our billing FAQfor common solutions to billing problems.

I went to the billing faq and gives me nothing related to my issue

2 answers to this question

I imagine that the information you saw was this set ....

Here are the most common reasons for credit card failure:

• The credit card number was entered incorrectly.
  • The billing address was not entered or was entered incorrectly. It should be the same address that appears on your bill.
  • The name on the card was not entered or was not entered as it appears on the card.
  • The credit card is not in the list of accepted payment methods (we currently accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, or PayPal).
  • The CVV (3 digits on the back, or 4 digits on the front for AmEx) was not entered or was entered incorrectly.
  • The card is expired, or the expiration date was entered incorrectly.
  • There are no funds available on the credit card to validate it. We send a US$1.00 authorization to ensure that a credit card is valid. This is not a billing, but the card must have at least US$1.00 available on it to pass validation.
  • Your monthly payment limit is reached, and/or your bank is not authorizing any more transactions.
  • The issuing bank has not pre-approved transactions with Linden Research, Inc. Contact the issuing bank to resolve the problem.
  • If you are outside the US, your card may not be set up for international/overseas transactions (this is very common with Visa Electron).

If none of the above applies to you, contact your credit card provider to determine the cause.

You can also call our billing team directly using the phone numbers on the Billing Support page.

If so, and you still have questions, the best advice is to call the billing office at one of the numbers shown in that last link.

You can make a free-call to Billing Support: https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/

Have billing issues? Give us a call.

Note that phone support is for billing issues only. If you're having technical issues, please use technical support.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Portugal: 800.814.450
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.