Auto return to inventory

jynin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Disappear when I don't want to disappear

hello I have a space-ship called the SR-720h Skymaster Spaceship,

i didn't buy a land and have no home.

so what i do is i place my ship somewhere and fly it in the sky,

then i want to rest in my bed but after some minutes my ship automatically goes back to my inventory

and I fall down in the water!

And I don't want that because we do also RP in there and when I stop driving the ship it goes back to my inventory.

So my question is:

I DON'T want that my stuff automatically returns to my inventory,

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO???

pls help my...

3 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, jynin

When you fly or drive or ride any vehicle across sims, each time you cross over a sim border, all the information from your avatar, and your vehicle, has to pass over from one server to another. Because of this, you can often become unseated from your vehicle, and the vehicle will either be left suspended in some random place, or if there is autoreturn on the land, the vehicle will be returned to your inventory.

It isn't like in real life, where you remain seated in your vehicle, and go from Point A to Point B in quite the same straightforward way.  Also, in Second Life, if you are flying, you are travelling across other places where you can become unseated from your vehicle. 

Unfortunately, therefore, the only way you can possibly not have your spaceship autoreturned to your inventory while you sleep, is to become part of a group where they own a large cluster of sims.  If you become part of such a group, then you can hover and fly to your heart's content, although you will probably still become unseated from your spaceship on some sim borders, and still find yourself at the bottom of an ocean!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.