Help I search scipt : ex a cat walks( I do it) and change direction(my problem) ?

PYTHA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi I begin to write scripts, simple script ! A cat walks ( I do it) and changes direction ( is my problem) on ground . When it changes direction, it changes completly LOL Not right, it is head down and feet up for exemple ! I have use IISetRot or IIGetRot but problem . And my second problem how choose parameters directions ex IISet(<0.00000,0.00000,0.00000>) or south direction <0.5,0.5,-0.5,-0.5> without an other with IIEuler2Rot(<0,0,PI/2>) ???? It's only exemples that I have found !!

My script is simple no? but I begin and I can't find a solution for it. Please, someone can help me.

Thanks.

PYTHA

2 answers to this question

I could try to explain ways to set rotations properly, but instead I think it is wiser for you to use a completely diferent method. Take a good look at the llSetKeyframedMotion function in the LSL wiki at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetKeyframedMotion  .  You can make your cat follow a very complex path easily by just defining new waypoints and local rotations.  

Your second problem is similarly easy to solve, and you have already found the answer.  Assuming that your cat is designed to walk with its +Z axis pointing UP, you can always make it face East by saying llSetRot(ZERO_ROTATION).   From there, you can turn the cat to face southward by writing llSetRot(llEuler2Rot(<0.0,0.0,PI/2>)), as you have already tried.

If you have questions as you write your script, just post them in the LSL Scripting forum.  We are always glad to help people who are learning to write LSL scripts or who have new insights to share.

• Like 2

Thanks fast answer . I try it and I shall see it's good or not . I didn't know ||SetKeyframeMotion. I go to college of scripting ... horsa and I haven't sawn this. So thanks again.

Sorry my english isn't very good ! ;)

PYTHA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.