Vampire in linden lab infohub

Geo Meek

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

What were they reciting?

(If you mean, they were going round trying to recruit people by offering to bite them, I guess you could try ARing them for making a nuisance of themselves, thus destroying the peace and tranquility for which places like Ahern are famous, but I think you'd probably do better to complain to Bloodlines about them, since I know that the people who run it are now very sensitive about their products' reputation).

• Like 1

I think it's ok for them to do so as long as they conform to ToS. Some places in SL have 'No bite requests' warning signs, but that does not disallow recruiting.

I also think to have understood ( as Innula stated ) that directly recruiting unwary noobs is frowned upon by their own community. I don't know wether they suffer consequences for it when they do recruit persons that did not want to be bothered with it.

• Like 2

Official Welcome Area Guidelines:

The Welcome Areas, Infohubs and other Linden Locations are where new Residents are sent when they first arrive in Second Life. As you live out your Second Life, please remember to treat your fellow Residents the way you'd want to be treated. Behind every avatar is a real person, and how you behave can make a difference.

The values of Second Life are spelled out in the Community Standards. Both the Community Standards and the Terms of Service apply throughout the Second Life world.

In addition to the guidelines established in the Community Standards, the following guidelines apply in the Welcome Areas, and Help Island, where newcomers are just getting started:

• No shooting, blood or violence.
  • No buying, selling, advertising, begging, or recruiting.
  • No sex, nudity, or offensive language.
  • No annoying, repetitive, or adult sounds.

The last two items apply regardless of the local region's maturity rating.

If you do run into problems with a disruptive avatar, you can block and/or file an abuse report.

• Like 2

Recite?  Are the vampires giving poetry readings now?  (I'll bet all they recite is E.A. Poe)

I think you mean "reside".  Since some of the new starter avatars are vampire characters, it's sort of inevitable that Infohubs would have a lot of Undead in them these days.

But again, I'm teasing you.  I'm sure you mean a Bloodlines vampire who is spamming people with bite requests.  This is a Terms of Service violation, in the Infohubs and anywhere else, and may be Abuse Reported.  However, I have two methods for dealing with spampires short of an AR.

The first, and easiest, is to Mute/Block them.  Problem solved.

The more complicated, but fun, response is to put on my Silver Vampire Dagger and send THEM an animation request.  When they accept it, our avatars do an animation of me stabbing the vampire to death.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.