Sign in to follow this  
CDNangel

Slander..

Question

3 answers to this question

It's too bad you are having this dispute.

Technically, anyone can use any Display Name they wish.  You could use the Display Name "Lindal Kidd" and I would not be able to do anything about it, under the Terms of Service.  So, you are in the right.  Technically.

But...some people (including yours truly) are very attached to our user names.  We have been using them for years, since back when it was the only name you could have, and choosing a good user name was an important decision.  Our names are our identities, in a world where almost anything else about us can be changed.  I can understand why the other Angel Harmison is upset.

Still, she is not allowed to slander you under the Terms of Service.  If the two of you can't reach an agreement, then you can file an Abuse Report on her.  Specify what it is in her Profile that you consider slanderous.

• Like 3

filing an abuse report DOESN'T work! I've done it this is the 2nd time I've filed one about something someone has in their profile about me. LL isn't responding to it at all. I want the person punished for saying such lies about me. it's even hurt my relationship with my wife. They're not doing anything about the slanderous crap this person wants to throw out there.