Slander..

CDNangel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My SL name is being slanderd in a profile on the front.... She imed me about my display name to change it bc it was her SL name i explained why i have it like that, I also told her i would put a middle name to make her happy.....

My display name is Angel Harmison..

Explination.

I used CDNangel all the time for every game i play but always have and always will go by Angel.. My last name is there b/c I have a alt that was adopted and my father name is now my last name... I really dont see the big issue in this.. Its a display name not my SL name.. But iI also dont think its right that my name be slandered in someones profile and being called unjust things.. Can you please answer me on this..

Thank you

Angel

3 answers to this question

It's too bad you are having this dispute.

Technically, anyone can use any Display Name they wish.  You could use the Display Name "Lindal Kidd" and I would not be able to do anything about it, under the Terms of Service.  So, you are in the right.  Technically.

But...some people (including yours truly) are very attached to our user names.  We have been using them for years, since back when it was the only name you could have, and choosing a good user name was an important decision.  Our names are our identities, in a world where almost anything else about us can be changed.  I can understand why the other Angel Harmison is upset.

Still, she is not allowed to slander you under the Terms of Service.  If the two of you can't reach an agreement, then you can file an Abuse Report on her.  Specify what it is in her Profile that you consider slanderous.

• Like 3

filing an abuse report DOESN'T work! I've done it this is the 2nd time I've filed one about something someone has in their profile about me. LL isn't responding to it at all. I want the person punished for saying such lies about me. it's even hurt my relationship with my wife. They're not doing anything about the slanderous crap this person wants to throw out there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.