Where is the best place to rent a shop?

Sonja Smedley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess you want a place that can attract traffic to your shop?
I guess there is no such thing.
When you rent a shop you will probably want your own adverts on search and your own landing point and then you will have your own traffic count not the mall's.
Besides shopping centers in SL are virtually without customers. The bigger the more empty.

If you get your own land on the mainland you will get all the rights a landowner has.
So find yourself a nice place without too much traffic and with low lag.
That's where you should place your shop:smileyhappy:
Then go on search with your products and attract traffic of your own. 

What Dora said is your best bet.

Unless, the items you sell are for a specific niche group, like, for roleplaying, and you get a small spot at the market by the entrance of a roleplay sim.

Other than that, for all the reasons Dora mentioned, you are better off with control of your own land and use of search features.

Ok...thank you two for your advice.I always thought it is much more difficult to have a shop on my own land, cause of low traffic and I don´t know how to make advertising.

I have my shop at marketplace already and sometimes people buy things but even there it is very difficult to sell....cause there is so much competition.

But I will try this way now you told me...maybe I have success.:-)

My advise would be exactly the same. But I have another argument. 

You need independency. When you are building a business you must think about the future. One of the most important things you are going to do to promote your business is spread your landmark. Now imagen you rent from an estate owner, you have a nice shop according to your whishes, your shop becomes succesful, you spread your landmark everywhere. On the marketplace, in blogs, in forums, and not to forget in peoples inventory. Now after a year or two your estate owner suddenly gives up on SL, for whatever reason, and there is not oppertunity offered to you to buy the land. In such a case you will simply loose two year of promotional work. Moving to a new place is not only rezzing your prims on a different spot on the grid, it's also going after all those places and people who only know your old landmark. Updating will take a lot of time and it's not a fun job at all.

This can happen when you rent from a big and solid estate owner as well as when you rent from a friend who has her own main shop in the same place. This can happen in each case when you rent from an intermediary between you and the lab. When this person or business stops paying tier to the lab, your landmark is lost.
So make it something between just you and the lab. Then you have the future of your business in your own hands.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.