WANTED: SL Basic Tutor

AlisonBoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm new. I have $L {Linden's} and I do like this website. I bought way to many, {5000} and I spent about 3k of it. Now I have many items. But there is one problem. I can't use SL. I don't understand it. And that's why I need a tutor. 

1) Teach me how to dress, rez, open boxs, sandbox, etc, and how to wear all and every item{s} I have purchased from the market place.

2)Vampires

3)Jobs

4)Basic Guidlines

5)Things I'll need to know

6)How to fuction properly inworld.

7)Tips

You need to be reliable. When I need help, you need to be on it. You need to be advanced. And fond of the upgraded SL That I'm using, that I just downloaded yesterday. the new one. You need to have been on SL For a while. Minimum 6 months. Longer than that is preferred. If this is not succesful, I might have to bend my requirements.

I'm desperate for this. It's PYP, I'm planning on buying $L Much so If I pay you a monthly or weekly wage, or just whenever I ask you something. I'm thinking 200 Linden's a week or a month... I don't know, like I said, I'm new and I need to average the pay out. Just message me, and we can work something out.

Please contact me ASAP If interested, telling me how long you've been on SL And how you want to be payed. Pyp - pick your price. Thanks!

Heya! I am a year and a half here...

1) to dress, open your inventory by clicking on a suitcase icon at the bottom fo your viewer. Locate the folder with clothes you want to wear, right click on that folder and wear items. If you want to combine items from different outfits, then you will locate them one by one and wear. You can also wear an item by double clicking it.

But wear is not enough, you need to learn how to adjust them on your avatar. You need to learn what items are modifiable, and what is the difference in permissions.  You will learn how to edit items. How to make copies and how to box them so they don't take too much room in your inventory. 

The items you buy are usually boxed, so you need to open them. Those boxes you bought, you need to rezz them on the ground, and rezz means to take them from your inventory and drag on the ground. But you need to be on a sim that allows rezzing. So search for a sandbox. There you will also need to learn about land, and prims, permissions, groups. 

Also, good thing is to start to organize your inventory now, before you get too many items there.

2) Hm.. what about vampires? do u want to become one? or you already are one and want to rank up.. anyway... Vampires count souls, so the basic thing is to go around, involve and collect as many souls as you can. Many use alts to start. And if you stay longer in the comunnity, you will see that cheating with alts is usuall thing, and it can happen that all those friends you had are just one person with many alts and many many extra time lol! Oki, so you need to buy that vamp hud, and there you have some notecards with all instructions, you need to read it by yourself. If you're not a vamp allready, smart move would be to be a blood doll for a while, untill you find a nice clan. There are actually many people amongst vamps who will help you start. But they will ask your soul lol. If you're a vamp and want to become human again you can do it. You can do whatever you want, just need to buy the right potion for it. 

I was a vamp for few months and I got bored. Figured out I can always dress as a vampire, and thats the main thing that attracted me.

3) You can't get a job in SL untill you become older, some ask for at least 30 days, some ask more. You can go and search for some job agencies, to see what jobs are available and what are requirements. Many offer training.

I tried to be a sales representative, a model, greeter, I worked at a help desk, I was a hostess, a manager and now I'm a photographer. 

One thing about jobs in SL, the people you work for act like its a RL job, so you need to be serious, you need to have a shedule, be proffesional, and not to fool around. If they ask you for 10 hours weekly, you are expected to spend at least 1o hours weekly there so dont apply if you're not sure about it. It will make life easier for everyone lol

4), 5), 6)..... You're new. Relax, take it slow. We were all new. And its not really interesting if you try to learn everything in a week. Learn things one by one, we're all here helpfull and still learning too. 

Go on your dashboard and search for events, take some classes. Join inworld support groups. You can learn much just by reading the group chat. Also the first reply you got was to visit NCI. Its a crowded place with many avatars, most of them are new residents who are learning about stuff. I spent alot of time there. 

The best experience is to take it slow and enjoy every step, this is not a race. 

And 200L per week is nothing compared with the effort a person is going to give in teaching you

Thanks everyone!

And yes, if 200 a week is low, I'll gladly raise the price. Thanks for the information!

Also, I got some demo's, I don't know how to use them tho. I wanted to try the demo's to see how things would look when I buy them. But, alright.

Demos, like many items in SL, come packed in boxes.   

This tells you how to unpack things from boxes (which had in tears of frustration when I started).   You should then end up with a new folder, with the same name as the box -- look in the new items tab of your inventory.   Then you can right-click on the items and wear them in the normal way.   

Thanks everyone. Any useful help would be much appreciated. Maybe I should tip you all, if you give me help and it is succesful. Anyway. I read the tutorials, watched them, etc. But I don't know why, but I don't or can't find the boxes.

Alison,

I would love to help you! I have been inworld for over 2 years (without checking actual dates :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:) I would be more than happy to step by step teach you how to edit prims on your body, resize clothes, hair, accessories. I love showing new residents all that Second Life has to offer. You want to go to a hip spot with a lot of avis to chat, I can show you that. You want to be alone to change and reflect, I can show you that too! I am currently a member of Bloodlines (Vampires) and the Hunger Game. I can help get you together and very well on your way in sl :matte-motes-grin: If you don't mind I will add you on my mobile device, then I'll come on after work today :matte-motes-big-grin:

A little about me: I love to shop, and put the things I get into different outfits, I go to clubs (but don't mass tp everyone), I have a shop, I do photos, I have some building knowledge, I have a very eclectic taste in music, and I am all around very easy to get along with and have fun with!

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.