Land Impact oddity

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm posting this in this GD forum because Land Impact affects everyone who rezzes anything to stay rezzed in SL, except worn items, of course.

Having read Jenni's excellent post about Land Impact (LI), I made use of it to free up some prims. In doing that I discovered something odd. I tried to reduce a 2-prim dining chair to 1LI, so that it would only count as 1 prim on the land. The chair has 1 prim for the seat and back and a 1 prim sculpty for its 4 legs. There are no scripts in it.

I changed its "Physics Shape Type" (PST) to "Convex Hull" but the LI stayed at 2. Then I changed its PST to "None" but I got the message that I "Can't set root prim to have no shape". Nevertheless its LI changed to 1 and, after opening it in Edit again, its type had auto-changed to Convex Hull

I think it wouldn't change to 1 because of the sculpty, even though none of its relevant numbers was above 1, but first changing to to Convex Hull and then to None did the trick. Simply changing it to None, without the intermediate change to Convex Hull, didn't work.

Incidentally, a lab kiddie moved Jenni's thread to the Mesh forum. It belonged here because it affects everyone who rezzes stuff to stay rezzed. It's not a mesh-specific or creation-specific thing. If you haven't already read it, you should.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.