Why am I constantly crashing after every ten minutes?

asyiah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Crashing how?  This is really important to know because it helps point to where the problem is.

For example

Screen goes black and viewer and PC crashes - Probably a bad video card

Viewer freezes and PC become unresponsive - Probably a memory problem

Viewer log you out and message says "Darn....."  - Probably a network connection problem

So if you can provide more information, we can probably provide better answers. :)   Just click the Option menu in your post and then Edit to add information to your query.

--Cinn

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life Answers, asyiah.

Have you got your graphics level set too high?

You might need to update your graphics drivers.

Check your connection.  (If you are on a wireless connection, you are likely to be less stable than a wired.)

If you wish to add more details to this thread, you can do so by clicking on "options" at the top right hand side of your original post and "edit".

I start my car and after a few minutes it stops running.  I checked my headlights and it still does it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it?  Why does it sound ridiculous?  Well, first of all you are asking for help but you haven't said much of anything except that you are having a problem.  You said you did something (cleared the cache).....but it didn't help.  That's about all you said and you are asking for someone to help you........which is why people like me and others read these forums so that maybe someone has a problem that we can help resolve.  But we cannot help unless we have an accurrate discription of the problem (such as information about what type of crash......there are more than one type of crash).  It's not really necessary that you know exactly what type of crash but an accurate discription of the crash will tell others what type of crash it is....or, at least, give some clues about what type of crash occurred.  Along with an accurate discription of the problem it's impossible to offer more than just a guess about what caused the problem without system specifications.  For instance, if you are trying to maintain freeway speed climbing a hill it helps to know if you are driving a Ferrari or GM Volt.  The operating system you are using often gives clues for settings that may be interferring with running SL.  The viewer you are using is, for the same reasons as knowing the operating system, helps to know what settings may be necessary to check or change.  No one reading these forums can magically look through the Internet to get the information......you must provide it.

I know, I'm probably coming across as some condenscending a**hole, but I really would like to help.  I can't.   And reason I can't is that I just don't know enough about your problem or your system and it's setup to help.  And neither does anyone else here.  Help others help you.

Use the Options at the top right of your initial post and Edit to add information that will help us help you or to comment further on your problem.

Editing:

I made a suggeston (or, at least, a statement) for the original poster of the "question" (sort of) to give some information so that maybe someone here could help them with the apparent problem.  That was nearly 2 hours ago. (and nearly 3 hours since the poster posted the problem).  As usual, there's no information (or any response at all for that matter).  My assumption is that the poster doesn't care enough to help so I'm done opening this thread to see if there is anything I can help with. 

My SL works quite well........why should I be concerned with someone who doesn't care enough to help anyone help them so that their SL might work as well as mine?  As hard hearted as it might sound.........I don't care.

My best guess would be you have a connectivity problem.

Run the connection troubleshooter in windows while log onto SL.

Reset your system clock; see help and support in windows OSs.

If you have a modem unplug all of its wires, let is remain unplugged for 30 second then plug all those wires back in again.

If you still having problems contact your ISP for assistance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.