Combat - Randomly Enabling Damage / Push On Combat Enabled SIM

Erwin Solo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Subject: Combat - Randomly Enabling Damage / Push On Combat Enabled SIM 

I can script a little, and usually make out what the pro’s are trying to do, and can usually modify / combine scripts to my purpose.  I’m a programming dinosaur.  Paid for my first electronics engineering degree doing scientific programing in FORTRAN 77 for a power company in the 1980s.  Later, I taught myself C/C++, but never used it professionally.  I used to do a little assembly language code on Intel and Motorola processors. 

So, can someone tell me where to start?  I now own some damage-enable’able land on the old Jessie SIM, which is the only damage enabled SIM on mainland.  As you know, there are now instant-kill weapons, which make the embedded SL combat systems not so much fun.  People can wipe out all the Avatars on a SIM in an instant or two. 

Rather than deal with advanced scripting, what I’d like to do is to turn on the native LL combat system on my Jessie Land for 5+/- minutes at random, and sound an alert (a shout) that “Fights On!”.  This would enable various bar brawl themes.  And, if someone wanted to be a jerk and wipe everyone out in an instant, well, everyone could come back in 5 minutes anyway. 

Help get me started.  I can find random timers.  What procedure call do I use to turn on damage and pushing?  Also, I'll want to turn on-and-off "everyone build" capability for the same period so that weapons can rez visual effects (arrows, etc.).  I'll use a 1 minute object-return to do clean-up.  Thanks!

What procedure call do I use to turn on damage and pushing?  Also, I'll want to turn on-and-off "everyone build" capability for the same period so that weapons can rez visual effects (arrows, etc.).  I'll use a 1 minute object-return to do clean-up.  Thanks!

I don't think you'll find LSL functions for modifying those parcel settings (although you can read them with llGetParcelFlags), so you'd need to use a bot with corresponding land abilities.

If you're not totally wedded to the native Linden damage system, you could script up a minimal combat system.  That also would be a way to use llCastRay and cooperative attachments (super-simple combat meters) to avoid having to to rez anything or do object physics at all (but surely none of that would resonate with Jessie's reputation).

Qie Niangao wrote: I don't think you'll find LSL functions for modifying those parcel settings (although you can read them with
), so you'd need to use a bot with corresponding land abilities.

I've searched the LL_Functions and it seems you are correct: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:LSL_Functions .

I have the JVA BOT package, but the developer seems to not be so active anymore.  Do you know a BOT package I can buy with land capabilites?  Otherwise, I'll just have to do it myself and hold parties.

• Like 1

While it is true that there is no LSL method to set land flags it may be possible to implement a system you described by using "custom weapons". That is the weapons would need an additional little script listening to your HUD. Upon getting "enable" command from same they switch to damage-enabled bullets; upon getting "disable" command they switch to no-damage bullets.

This of course would require that only these custom weapons are used on your parcel but you can boot out those who bring their own weapons.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.