Where can I buy DCS2?

5PRYME

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Rock-dumb n00b question. I can find DCS2 weapons anywhere I look but cannot find a DCS2 for sale for my character. Been running around for hours now with my $75L burning a hole in my pocket. Really at wit's end here :matte-motes-confused:.

• 2 weeks later...

DCS2 is the meter (game control) for several games in SL. There is no need for the meter if you are not playing one of those games. You can help the game you are interested in by buying the meter from their stores.

Most DCS2 sales are a commissioned sale. Its been some time since I looked at the details, but I think that is still true.

If you have not seen a meter on sale within the game you are intersted in, something is strange. Most RP games that use DCS have an entry point in each region of the game. At those landing points there is usually information about the game and whatever meter they use for the game.

Ask anyone in the RP area about where to get the DCS meter, or whatever meter is used. All the RP people I have met are helpful and looking for more people to play in their RP. That doesn't mean they won't kick your butt once you've joined and have a meter... but, OOC most are helpful. If you meet a jerk, look around. There will be a more enlightened person around.

All the RP games I know of have SL Groups. Usually a help group and a player chat group. You can ask in either for help with a meter or finding one.

DCS weapons are not the only weapons that work with DCS. The DCS weapons do have special abilities when used with the DCS meter. But, many of us use the DCS meter without DCS weapons.

Most of the RP games that have combat also have training groups. The DCS2 is easy enough to use and setup. I think most people can figure it out without help. Becoming proficent in the meter's use is another story. I understand the meter is very flexible and different games configure different aslpects of the meter. It is all ways smart to take training in the game your intersted in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.