Serious issues with graphics tearing - Asus GeForce GTX 560 Ti, brand new rig.

takino Tarski

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In all my five years on SL, I've never had an issue graphics wise until I installed SL on my brand new rig. I have terrible graphics tearing, there's no blackouts between tearing....It's just a constant fast-paced flicker and only occurs on SL (When I don't have the game selected, or running behind another window the flickering ceases.) - no other games. This problem occurs for me across all viewers, including third party viewers (Firestorm) and LL's native mesh viewer. 

For reference, specs are as follows:-
Power supply: Corsair TX750W Series V2 Enthusiast
RAM: Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3X2K2/4GX 8 GB (2x4 GB)
Graphics card: Asus ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3,3 GHz LGA1155 Processor 
Mobo: Asus P8P67 PRO B3 Intel P67 LGA1155 ATX Motherboard 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA3

Currently I've tried D3DOverrider, a clean install of updated drivers in safe mode (Windows 7, ultimate 64x), tinkering with the enable vertical sync TRUE/FALSE option in the debug menu and messing with various Nvidia settings like disabling anti-aliasing/vsync in a custom profile for the viewer. I've also turned off VBO and anti-aliasing in the viewer preferences with no avail. 

Can anyone shed any light on the issues I'm having?

Thanks in advance,
Taki! 

You can read through Graphics Tweaking for Second Life if you are not framilar with setting up graphics cards.

Tearing is almost always a v-sync and frame render problem. Try Triple Buffering.

You can use GPU-Z (free program) to see how the card is doing.

You can look at How Fast is Your Viewer? - Second Life to see how others compare to you.

You can serch this form for your video card to see of others are having similar problems. Also check out SLUniverse's forum and search for your card.

I keep getting disconnected from second life since the last update a week ago

no mater what i do   put on new outfit  or open to build or set pref.. without a warning i get dc  -when i come in it is lagy,  the textures all sudden (no mater on what-- wall clothes etc ) have dif colours  blue, rainbow colour  and so on.. it does go back to normal but now and then  it changes again.

the worth thing is the all sudden shutting down from the program    my internet is fine so it is not that it came with the last update a week ago  some changed and seem like my comp cant handle it  or  it changed a setting i dont know i really realy need help cus sl aint no fun at the moment  if i cant stay longer then a cpl of min

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.