Date of last sale

Sage Halostar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am interested in finding out if there is a way to determine the date of the last sale of an item without going through all of the sales one item at a time for each item.

When Xstreet was still around you could type in the name of the item and see how many people had viewed and then bought the item in a given period of time. This was very helpful because it really tells the merchant what items are being looked at, and which ones are being sold. 

While the amount of times search, viewed, and purchased is indeed helpful, these numbers represent a time period too large to say...discontinue an item that has not sold for a few months but still gets clicked on.

Perhaps this function still survives now in Marketplace, but I have looked all over and and can not find it. 

Any help is very much appreciated! 

As far as I know, there is no easy way to get this information. When marketplace was first introduced, there were several request to have the totals broken down on a day/month/cumulative basis, but to no avail. After all, and as you say, it's what merchants need.

I agree with you that the *Totals*, which are accumulated since day 1 of marketplace are becoming increasingly irrelevant.

Sadly, in this computer age, you need a pencil and paper to get what you want.

Thank you all so much for your responses. I sure hope that LL can put that functionality back in for merchants. It seems that I am not the only one that misses it. :) 

I could play around with Excel and do that. The email filtering idea is not bad either. I literally have never really saved email, so this would be really new for me, (I read, answer and delete) but at least I have some kind of plan. Thank you again for your insight and ideas. 

I asked for something similar in a thread a while back http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/merchant-search-by-item-to-find-customers/td-p/1231589 

Sassy Romano posted a link to a tutorial video that shows how track all yor sales information yourself.

This is the link Sassy posted

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Setting-up-Marketplace-to-use-ANS-and-log-to-an-external/m-p/1107297/highlight/true#M9323

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.