CACHE from clearing!

Leshrak Eyre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've had issues ever since clearing my cache recently - the game won't go further than 1 frame-per-second, textures won't load on certain viewers like firestorm, and futher clearing or lowering graphics as well as turning the network bandwidth won't help. What's going on here? Can anyone help?

If you are using multiple viewers on the same comptuer (which it appears you are) it's best to move the cache locations for each viewer to a different location on your computer.  Don't ask me why it happens because it should not, but sometimes the caches from one or more viewers will interact with other caches for the other viewers.  Moving the cache locations from their default locations stops the problem.  You can find and move the location of the cache by looking on the tab you use to clear your cache from within the viewer itself......you can keep one cache location at the default but move the others.  Since you are having this problem on more than just one viewer (I think from you discription of the problem) you probably need to manually clear the cache for all your viewers then moving the caches before logging in for the first time.  You can find the cache locations on the same tab you use to move them.  Close the viewer(s) and navigate to that location and delete every file in the final folder at the end of the path.....do that for all your viewers, then move them.

I don't use multiple viewers anymore (I decided I didn't want anything to do with TPV's after the Emerald fiasco about a year ago).  When I did I always moved them to my second hard drive.  There was a couple reasons for that.  First being I had a second drive (I've had at least two drives in all my computers for a few years now) and second is that I use Windows and Windows is pretty bad about fragmenting drives.....by placing the caches on my second drive which has not operatiing system I could limit the fragmentation on my operating system drive.  Moveing the cache to another folder should do the trick.....such as:  C:\[uSER]\ [VIEWERS NAME]\cache.  That's more or less what I did only I put it on drive G since that was the drive designation for my system.

Well, high settings are putting a lot of load on your system to render everything.......are you sure your system can take it?  More than just your graphics card and CPU are involved when it comes to how fast or completely thing rezz......though, the graphics is the most talked about component, it's not the only component involved.  Your download bandwidth has a lot to do with it...........so does how clean your connection is (packet loss).  And, of course, proper drivers are important too (and that does not necessarily mean the newest......the driver that works best for your needs is the proper one).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.