Why am I not receiving my IM's when i log in

Coriley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

I have the same problem and it has nothing to do with capping.  I do not receive even ONE IM, or item if I am logged out when it is sent... even thought the sender gets the standard "user is offline ... will be delivered later".  

So the senders think I will receive whatever it is, it just does NOT get to me, not even into my trash!

Coriley wrote:

When I log in, I do not receive the messages or inventory offers while i'm offline.  I do get notice in my email.  I do not get a capped message.  Can anyone help me?

Here is how I fixed my same problem as a work-around I just now received from Maestro Linden:

After more investigation, I have a guess about why this issue only affects certain avatars. One of my avatars had this issue, and had an empty Block List. As soon as I had the avatar block an object inworld (right click -> Block), I immediately received the queued offline IMs. This fix persisted between different sessions, even after I removed the object from my Block List (making it empty once again).

For those of you affected by this bug, could you try blocking/muting an object or avatar, and see if that fixes your problem? To block an object (or avatar), you can right click on them, then select Manage->Block from the context menu.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.