Add "draw distance" to the Toolbar buttons, JIRA #27830 with mockups

Suzan Littlething

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am in the mood for doing mockups today, so I wrote another JIRA about a very old story - the direct access to the draw distance slider!

Very much Jiras are written about this, but I start another try: add the "draw distance" to the Toolbar buttons! (Please see my mockup).

No change on the main UI of the viewer would be nessecary, only an additional Toolbar button which you can add or not.

Oh yes, I know, some TPVs have this feature. But this is only about the Linden viewer and  a try to make this better!

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-27830

3_DrawDistanceToobarButton-active.png

Love the mockup.  I think the toolbar tool-bin could be the one thing that will draw people back the the official viewer.  But try this, add to the bottom right: Page 01 of 99, and to the bottom left: Sort Tools by, and a drop down, Alphabetical, by Type, Most Used, Newest.
I think the Lab needs a Toolbar Team and they should add a new tool each week, talk about getting peoples attention!  The first tool I would like to see, Viewer 1 Search. And the second tool, Viewer 1 IM window, keep chat separate but bring back the tabbed chat window.  I found out from the Forums that you can download skins and I now use them, but the Toolbar has such great potential it would be a shame to see it wasted.  Oh well, at least I can dream.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.